top of page
Enrolling at DC Wildflower


DC Wildflower will begin accepting applications for the 2024–'25 school year through DC's school lottery system, MySchoolDC, on December 11, 2023. You can apply if your child meets the age eligibility guidelines: 

  • for PK3: turn 3 on or before September 30, 2024

  • for PK4: turn 4 on or before September 30, 2024

  • for K: turn 5 on or before September 30, 2024

Families must also prove residency (DC or out-of-state) to complete the enrollment process.

Enrollment Step 1: Accepting Your Offer

Once you've been matched with DC Wildflower, we ask that you complete the DC Wildflower Seat Acceptance form. Upon accepting your seat, you'll receive an email to confirm and to give you instructions on how to finish enrolling. Completing the Seat Acceptance confirms that:

  1. you are accepting a space at The Riverseed School;

  2. you are giving up your child’s space and feeder pattern at their current school (you will still maintain rights to your K-12 DCPS in-boundary schools); and

  3. your child will be removed from the waitlists of schools on your My School DC application you ranked below the school at which you are enrolling.

Enrollment Step 2: Completing Registration

After completing the Seat Acceptance Form you will receive a unique Snapcode that will allow you to provide general information about your child's school experience, key adult contacts, and emergency contacts. Please complete the registration process as soon as possible after accepting your child's seat. 

Enrollment Step 3: Submitting Documents

There are several documents that are due to our team by May 1, 2024 at 5:00 pm electronically (using your child's unique Snapcode) or your seat may be given to another student on our waitlist. You can download this list here.

Please email all documentation to

Documentation to submit before May 1st:

  • Copy of Student’s Original Birth Certificate

  • OSSE Home Language Survey (English) 

  • Proof of Legal Guardianship (if applicable)

  • Copy of Individualized Education Plan (IEP)/504 plan (if applicable)

Other documents can be turned in before school begins:

You will also have to verify your residency.

If you are a DC resident, you will need to complete the DC Residency Verification form and submit proof of residency. 

You can prove residency with one of the following:

  • A valid pay stub issued within 45 days of the school’s review of this form. Must contain withholding of only DC personal income tax for the current tax year and no other states listed for deduction, even if the amount is zero. It must also show a DC personal income tax withholding amount greater than zero for both the current tax year and current pay period.;

  • Unexpired official documentation of financial assistance from the Government of the District of Columbia, issued to the enrolling person within the past 12 months and current at the time presented to the school, including, but not limited to, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Medicaid, the State Child Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), Supplemental Security Income, housing assistance or other programs.

  • Certified copy of Form D40 by the DC Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR), with evidence of payment of DC taxes for the current or most recent tax year and must bear the OTR stamp.

  • Current military housing orders or statement on military letterhead, must be official correspondence and cite the specific DC address of residence.

  • Embassy letter issued within the past 12 months. Must contain an official embassy seal and signature of embassy official; and indicate that the enrolling person currently resides, or will reside, on embassy property in DC during the relevant school year.

If none of the above items are available to verify residency, two of the following items are required:

  • DC motor vehicle operator’s permit or official government-issued non-driver identification that is valid and unexpired.;

  • DC motor vehicle registration that is valid and unexpired;

  • Lease or rental agreement that is valid and unexpired with a separate proof of payment of rent, such as receipt of payment, money order, or copy of cashed check.

    • The lease must contain the start date, monthly rent amount, name of landlord, and be signed by the enrolling person and landlord.

    • The separate proof of payment must be for a period within two months immediately preceding the school’s review of this form and match the monthly rent amount stated on the lease.

  • Utility bill (only gas, electric, and water bills are acceptable) with a separate paid receipt showing payment of the bill, such as receipt of payment printout, money order, or copy of cashed check.

    • The utility bill must be for a period within the two months immediately preceding the school’s review of this form. The separate proof of payment must be for the specific bill submitted. The most common submission is two consecutive bills where the second bill shows payment on the first bill. A credited amount on a bill and government agency letter subsidizing payment for utility are also acceptable proofs of payment.

If you are unable to provide any documents from the options above, we are able to provide a home visit. Please contact us at for additional information regarding this option, if needed.

If you are a non-resident of the District, and have been accepted into our school, once we receive your Seat Acceptance, DC Residency Verification Form, Birth Certificate and OSSE Home Language Survey, we will pass your information to the DC Office of Enrollment and Residency to discuss the tuition process. For additional information on the non-resident tuition process, please refer to the Non-DC Tuition FAQ or email

For more information on OSSE's Residency requirements, visit the Office of Enrollment & Residency online.

Early Childhood Transition Plan

We know that our students entering PK3 and PK4 come from a variety of educational settings including public school programs, Headstart programs, childcare centers, and home daycares. For some, DC Wildflower will be their first educational experience outside of the home. We are committed to meeting all students where they are and to supporting a positive transition to our school program. Our Early Childhood Transition Plan is designed to provide you with information so that your know what to expect with the transition to school. 

bottom of page